Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Selling Networking As a Managed Service
This forum will focus on tips and tricks for selling networking as a managed service. As an attendee, you drive the topics and conversation. There is no specific agenda for these sessions. The content will derive from questions such as:
- How many salespeople do you have?
- Have they been through any formal sales training? Learn on the job?
- How do you sell networking technologies today (WiFi access points, switches, edge routers, etc.)?
- How do you sell your other managed services?
- Are you currently listing your networking devices as individual line items on your proposal? Or bundling everything into “managed networking”?
- Have you had any pushback from your clients?
- What vendor’s gear do you currently sell/service?
- What selling techniques have worked for you?
- How do you price your offering? Per seat? Per service? Per device?
- What kind of margin do you make on your hardware?
- Have you considered a hardware as a service option?
- What kind of response time do you guarantee for any networking service issues?
- Do you keep any networking products in inventory?
- What technologies do you “bundle” in to your standard managed services contracts?